Neighborhood History

Placeholder Picture

Early northern Texas settlers, Alexander Harwood and Colonel John C. McCoy originally homesteaded the acreage of our current neighborhood in 1855 and 1861. Homebuilders began developing the area in the mid 20th century with the first home construction in 1956.

The Hockaday School, founded in 1913 by Ela Hockaday, was moved to the Welch Road campus in 1961 and encompasses approximately 100 acres. Our neighborhood is named to align with this readily recognizable landmark and strong community partner.

Neighborhood Map